25/08/2010

Stagger Lee

"It was back in '32 when times were hard
He had a Colt .45 and a deck of cards
Stagger Lee"

I am planning a shoot around the song "Stagger Lee" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. I love this song, I think it is one of The Bad Seeds best and I have wanted to do a shoot around it for a while. I have already found my soon to be dead barman, my Stagger Lee and all I need now is a floozy, a make up artist who can make four convincing bullet holes in someones head and a wild western style bar!
I want to shoot the pictures similar to how Tarantino shot Pulp Fiction, with really extreme and low angles, very dramatic and quite modern, I don't want this shoot to have a vintage look, I want it to look modern and almost clean but in a dirty western sort of way.
I just wish I could goto America to find an authentic western bar to shoot in. Another slight problem I have is finding a replica Colt 45 Peacemaker, I have found some to buy for around £38 but really, I didn't want to spend much money, except possibly on a bullet belt, which is something I have wanted to own for years anyway.

Colt 45 Peacemaker


So, I guess after reading this you should hear the song, it is lyrical genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment